Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Towards Tomorrow! Emirati Inspirations at TEDx Al Ain

Have you ever watched a TED talk online (http://www.ted.com/)? TED conferences are ones that aim at spreading great ideas. Last saturday, I attended my first TEDx event at Al Ain Municipality in Al Ain (TEDxAlAin). In addition to all the fantastic ideas that were shared, I was mostly inspired by the Emirati youth from UAE University and Abu Dhabi University.

The young Emirati men and women were in charge of everything that was happening. I believe more than 200 people attended the event and the organizers were able to network with every single one of them as well as maintain the flow of the sessions and the time professionally. I was approached by some of the UAEU and AbuDhabi University students during the breaks, who introduced themselves as the Networkers. They asked me about my opinion and told me a lot about themselves. I admired their manners, English language skills and braveness.

Moreover, I admired all the success stories of Emirati achievements that were discussed at the event, such as manufacturing aerospace products and building the first Arabic-speaking humanoid. TEDxAlAin sessions were streamed live and you can access them online in a few days at http://tedxalain.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment